Responsibilities of the Treasurer
- Has charge of all monies belonging to the Township. The monies are kept in a depository designated by the Township Board.
- Collects real property, personal property and specially assessed taxes and pays monies over the school districts and the County Treasurer.
- Keeps a record of all monies collected.
- Pays money upon order of the Township Board.
- Reports to the Township Board on monies received and spent.
- Prepare for the County Treasurer a delinquent tax roll.
To check on the status of your property tax account, please click on Byron Property Database on the homepage in the middle of the website.
Payments are accepted in the Treasurer's Office during normal business hours.
Secure Drop Box
A secure 24 hour drop box is located near the east entrance.
ACH Bill Payment
Residents can have their bill(s) automatically deducted from their checking or savings account. You will continue to receive a bill indicating the amount due, but the amount will be automatically deducted from the account you choose. Click here: ACH Form for the ACH Form. Complete the ACH form and return to the Treasurer's Office.
The ability to pay Township Property Taxes and Utility Bills with a major credit card is also available. The Township has contracted with a company to perform that service. They will accept the payments on behalf of the Township and forward your payment to the Township. To access this feature go back to the Home page. Scroll down to the middle of the page and click the "Pay Bills" tab. There is a convenience fee for this service.