Byron Township owns and operates four cemeteries. One of which is closed (Gilbert).
BYRON TOWNSHIP CEMETERY FEE SCHEDULE
Boynton Cemetery is located on Ivanrest Avenue between 72nd Street and 68th Street on the west side of the road.
Winchester Cemetery is located on 76th Street between Burlingame Avenue and Clyde Park Avenue on the south side of the road.
Winegar Cemetery is located on Homerich Avenue between 92nd Street and 100th Street on the east side of the road.
Gilbert Cemetery (closed)
Gilbert Cemetery is located on Clyde Park Avenue between 84th Street and 92nd Street on the east side of the road.
- FLOWERS ARE PERMITTED IN URNS OR IN METAL BASKETS WITH HANDLES
- DECORATIVE STONES, WOODCHIPS, OR IN-GROUND PLANTINGS (FLOWERS, PLANTS OR TREES) ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- PEDESTALS FOR URNS SHALL BE SET SO THAT TOP IS FLUSH WITH GROUND LEVEL.
- URNS AND METAL BASKETS MAY BE PLACED IN LINE ON EITHER SIDE OF GRAVE MARKERS, NOT ON THE GRAVE OR IN PATHS.
- NO SNOWMOBILES OR ATV’S.
- CEMETERY CLOSED AT 9:00 P.M. EASTERN STANDARD TIME AND 10:00 P.M. EASTERN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME.
- FAMILY MEMBERS SHALL REMOVE FLOWERS OR DECORATIONS DURING THE LAST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER. CEMETERY WORKERS WILL REMOVE ALL ITEMS LEFT ON THE GRAVES BY OCTOBER 15TH OF EACH YEAR.
- CEMETERY EMPLOYEES WILL REMOVE ALL ITEMS PLACED DURING THE WINTER MONTHS OF APRIL 1ST OF EACH YEAR.